Monday, March 30, 2009

Shane's Week Home

Shane may have just flown in the night before, but even after 16 hours of straight travel, there's no rest for a parent. Saturday morning they came to the hospital for a few minutes, but they had to run off for Skyler's basketball game. We are loving basketball, and hope Skyler continues to want to play. He is doing great at it.






Aspen decided she wanted to stay with me at the hospital during the game. She's so well behaved we knew she would never be noticed. Good thing she is such a good listener.







Sunday, March 8, Eli wearing real clothes and ready to come home from the hospital. Not only did they not wheel us out, they didn't even help carry anything to the door. Glad they briefed us the night before on how we are not to lift more than 20 lbs, because our duffle bag, camera, diaper bag, baby, etc... combined can't possibly weigh more. Although, there was a kid slowly walking to the car with his mother, being released after a hospitalization for an asthma attack that I cringed for. That's military medicine for ya.


The plan is to take a naked picture of Eli once a week, so Shane and family can see how he's growing. Here's 2 days old.







Eli's first bath (at home anyway, I had to do quick one at the hospital because he had soaked through a diaper, everywhere!)






Shane and Ryder at Ko Olina. My mom went as well, Skyler and Aspen were at school. We did let them miss school a day to go ice skating though.







Shane and Aspen box car racing, Skyler could drive alone. Ryder went as well, but no one took his picture.


3 comments:

  1. I love the blog Andrea. It is so much easier to keep in touch. You are a pioneer sister! I can't believe you are all by your self with the 4 kiddos. I don't think I will complain anymore - at least I have Grant home sometimes. :> I love you tons and miss you! Good luck with the new transition! xoxo-Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that you walked to the car after delivery! I was never "allowed" to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aspen is your clone, Andrea! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete